Who can you call?

Who can you call?

Who can you call?

We thought we would just remind of you of who is around to help.


MASH – (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub) This service is based in Poole and covers the whole of Dorset. Please make contact if you are concerned about a child’s welfare or worried that they are being abused.

If the child lives in Dorset you can call 01202 228866 or email MASH@dorsetcouncil.gov.uk

If the child lives in Wiltshire you can call 0300 4560108 or email MASH@wiltshire.gov.uk


101 – Non urgent police matters.  You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.  For example if: 

  • If your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Calls to 101 cost 15p per call no matter how long you are on the phone for.


999 – You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is a danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.


NSPCC – You should call the NCPCC if you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure. They also offer advice to parents on many things such as the “PANTS” campaign, keeping your child safe away from home and Grooming.

You can call them on 0808 800 500 or email help@nspcc.org.uk

Lots of information and advice can also be found on their website https://www.nspcc.org.uk/


For general school related enquiries you can email the school on office@shaftesburyprimary.co.uk.  During school holidays the school emails will be checked once a week.  Please note that it may not be possible to answer your query before the return to school if we need to seek guidance or answers from other members of staff who will be on their annual leave.